Abbe Trading Co Ltd t/a Langton Optometrists is committed to protecting your personal data.
1. What information will we hold about you?
As a customer/potential customer of Langton Optometrists we will ask you to provide us with certain personal information about you when you make an enquiry about our goods or services and/or when you purchase goods or services from us. This information will include:
• Your name
• Your address
• Your email address
• Your telephone number
• Your IP address, cookies and your browsing activity where you use our website
• Details about your health and medical conditions if relevant to our service to you
2. What will we use your information for and what are our legal bases
for doing so?
We use the personal information we hold about you for a number of different purposes, which we list below. Under data protection law we need to have a valid legal basis for using your personal information, we also set out below the legal bases which we will be relying upon.
We will use the personal information we hold about you for the following reasons:
• To provide you with the goods/services you have purchased
• To enforce our contract with you and inform you of any changes to the contract
In both of these cases the legal basis that we will be relying upon to process your personal information will be because it is necessary for the performance of the contract between us.
We will also use the personal information we hold about you for the following reasons:
• To provide you with information about goods/services you have enquired about
• To obtain feedback from you and provide ongoing customer service
• To deal with any complaints
In this case our legal basis for processing your personal information will be because the processing is in our legitimate interests, namely to provide you with a high level of service, resolve complaints and to promote our business, or in the case of credit checks to protect our financial position.
We will also use the personal information we hold about you to comply
with any regulatory requirements or applicable laws and our legal basis for
doing so will be that it is necessary for us to so to comply with legal
obligations to which we are subject.
Some of the personal data we request will be because we have a legal or contractual requirement to obtain and use the information or it is necessary for us to obtain the information to be able to enter into a contract with you. Failure to provide such information will prevent us from providing you with such goods and/or services.
3. Who do we share your information with?
From time to time we will need to share your information with other people and organisations. We will only do so where we have a legitimate legal basis for doing so and in compliance with our obligations under data protection laws.
Your information may be disclosed to other organisations/individuals in the circumstances set out below:
• Where we are legally obliged to do so, e.g. to comply with a court order
• To our professional advisers for example our lawyers or accountants when they need it to give us their professional advice.
• To suppliers/manufactures where you have shown an interest in their products
• To suppliers/manufacturers in order to register warranties and order products as part of our service
We do not transfer any of your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
We review the ways we use your information regularly. In doing so, we may change what kind of information we collect, how we store it, who we share it with and how we act on it. If we make any such changes we will contact you to notify you.
4. How long do we keep your information for?
To make sure we meet our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we only hold on to your personal data for as long as we actually need it for the purposes we acquired it for in the first place.
This means we will usually keep information relating to any purchase you
make for 15 years in case any contractual disputes arise and also to ensure
that we have the necessary information to honour any warranties we provide you
with and to be able to provide you with part numbers and product information
should you wish to order replacements after the expiry of any warranties.
5. Individual rights
Data protection legislation provides individuals with a number of different rights in relation to their data. For example, you have the right to ask us whether we hold information about you and if so, to obtain certain details about that information and/or the information itself.
There are other rights which you also may be able to exercise (such as the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, to object to the processing of personal data, to require the erasure of personal data or to have the processing of your personal data restricted as well as the right to have electronic data made portable). All these rights are subject to certain conditions and exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Where to get more information about your data protection rights
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. They make a lot of information accessible on their website – www.ico.gov.uk.
7. Contact us
Please get in touch with us to discuss your information at any time. Our contact details: email@example.com 27 Prospect Street Bridlington East Yorkshire YO15 2AE 01262-673113